Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Green (Cilantro Lime) Chicken Burritos

I know, I know who wants to eat GREEN chicken.  Doesn't everyone want to go green?  When you look at the picture you are going to be even less likely to want to eat it.  I am actually tempted to not post any of the pictures that I took.  They are DEFINITELY GREEN!  I will be serving this on St. Patrick's Day for sure!
Ingredients:
  • 3 chicken breasts cut into strips
  • Burrito size Tortillas
Marinade
  • 1 cup fresh Cilantro (stems removed)
  • about 15 Almonds
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Lime Juice
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/4 cup of Chicken Broth
  • 1  teaspoon salt
Burritos stuffers:
  • lettuce
  • sour cream
  • diced tomatoes
  • cheese
  • salsa
  • rice

First I placed the almonds into the food processor to finely chop them.  I used the Nutribullet.  Then I added in the rest of the marinade ingredients and blended until a nice bright green cilantro pesto was formed.

I then combined the chicken with the marinade and let it sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.  Then I sprayed my skillet with non-stick cooking spray and cooked the chicken thoroughly.  Once the chicken was done I stuffed a burrito for each person with their favorite stuffers.  I like mine with lettuce, cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
As I dumped it into the pan, I thought to myself there is no way my family was going to eat this.  Well I was wrong, the taste was so good they quickly got over the fact that they were eating green chicken!

This recipe was featured in Two Magical Moms March Menu Madness.  Check out the entire menu and try out some of our other YUMMY recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment