Friday, February 15, 2013

Simply Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

This is one of the easiest and tastiest recipes I make. I love slow cooker recipes because I just put the ingredients in and several hours later, we're ready for dinner!

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. or so cubed beef
  • 1 can golden mushroom soup (it really needs to be the golden to taste so good)
  • 3/4 can beef broth (you really want the same amount as the mushroom soup so I pour into empty soup can to measure)
  • 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
  • 1 block cream cheese (less fat is ok but do not use fat free- it doesn't melt and incorporate into sauce)
  • I also added a couple handfuls of sliced mushrooms because I had them on hand.


Directions:

Place all ingredients EXCEPT cream cheese in slow cooker and cook on low 6-7 hours. Bring cream cheese to room temperature and put in slow cooker the last hour of cooking. Stir to incorporate the cream cheese into the sauce. Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice. Yum!

This recipe was featured on our Appetizing April Menu. Check out the entire April menu for a variety of dinner ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment