Saturday, March 2, 2013

Herb Butter Steakhouse Steak




Have you ever wondered why you can't ever make a steak quite as good as one from a steakhouse?  Well I can share a couple of their secrets.  Last fall I took a cooking class on how to make the perfect steak.  When I was choosing the class I was leaning towards taking a class to learn how to cook something new or even make my own pasta, but then I thought "why not learn how to make something I already make but make it better."  My husband usually grills, which requires me to wait until he gets home from work to start dinner.  The tips I learned let me make a FABULOUS steak in the middle of winter because no grilling is required.  Yes, I said they do not grill it!  The second secret is that they use butter, butter, and more butter.



Herb Butter

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 stickButter
  • 1/8 teaspoon Thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon minced Garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried Parsley
  • Lemon Zest
Combine 1/2 stick of room temperature butter with Thyme, Garlic, Parsley, and Lemon Zest. All of my measurements above are approximate I just throw it all together. Form into log like shape and place in refrigerator to return to hard state.  Make at least an hour before steak will be done.  



Steak House Steak

Ingredients:
  • Steak
  • Sea Salt
  • Pepper
  • Butter


First, season each steak with salt and pepper. Next melt about 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet (cast iron is best for this). Once the butter is melted and the skillet is very hot add the steaks.  Sear all four sides of the steak about 2-3 minutes adding more butter as needed.

 Preheat oven to 400.  Finish steaks in the oven for about 12 minutes for medium well.  Place a slice of the Herb Butter on the steak and return to oven for one more minute.  Trust me it will be one of the best steaks you have ever had!  I served with Almost Cut Potatoes, Loaded Potato Topping, and Sauteed Mushrooms.  My mouth is watering!

This recipe was featured in Two Magical Moms March Menu Madness and our Appetizing April Menu.  Check out the menus and try out some of our other YUMMY recipes!

I also use this butter for the Herb Butter Corn on the Cob

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Best steak ever! I used about a tbsp lemon jouce instead of lemon zest and it was still delicious!

    ReplyDelete