Thursday, April 4, 2013

Baked Bacon WHAT!?! No way!


So I know that you have all seen something on Pinterest and thought WHAT!?!  Well one of those things for me was baking bacon in the oven.  I thought that it would make a huge mess and would taste different.  I was wrong.  We had some family in town for the weekend and she told me that her mom has always made bacon in the oven.  So I decided to give it a try and it was a success!  I was so happy that I didn't have to clean the grease from my stove or microwave.

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.  Place a cooling rack on a cookie sheet (with sides) and lay bacon on top of the rack.  Bake in oven 22-28 minutes.  Time varies because of thickness of bacon and desired crispiness.  I know that bacon is never healthy, but the bacon seemed to be less greasy as well.
I served this with Oven Baked French Toast and it was the perfect addition to our Easter morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment