Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Freezing Cold Hot Chocolate

When it is cold outside, my kids are always asking for "warm chocolate".  That means they want hot chocolate but only slightly warming than room temperature.  This is quite the opposite.  The kids and I decided to be adventurous with the blender today and this is what we came up with.  The kids LOVED it!  They pretty much attacked me as I was pouring them, so this is the best picture I could get.


Ingredients:

  • 3 Packets of Instant Hot Cocoa
  • 3/4 Cup of Half and Half
  • 1 Cup of Water
  • About 1 1/2 Cups of Vanilla Ice Cream
This made enough for 3 kids and 1 mom

Pour the packets of cocoa mix into the blender.  Add in the water and blend until powder is dissolved.  Next, add in the half and half and ice cream.  Blend until smooth.  Serve in chilled glasses and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment