Wednesday, June 5, 2013

There is 104 Days of Summer Vacation....How am I Going to Keep the Kids busy?!?


As I sit here on the eve of the beginning of SUMMER VACATION, I am so excited for all of the activities, play dates, field trips, and pool days that I can see in our future!   The end of the school year has been CrAzY chaos!  It was full of things like end of season baseball parties, Cub Scout Jamborees, Author's Tea Parties, Luaus, Field Days, Water Days, Picnics, Pre-school Promotion Ceremonies and other events that I am sure that I left out.
Tomorrow I plan on welcoming my oldest home from school with buckets of water balloons and popsicles for him and a few friends.  I even decorated our front door with a banner that says "Welcome to Summer Vacation!"    I even personalized it for Evan with some of his handmade paper airplanes.  Once we have exhausted the fun at our house we are heading over to a neighbors house for a cook out.
Being at the bus stop at 7:14 in the morning is over....well at least for the next few months.  Unfortunately, we don't really have 104 days of summer vacation.  Disney's Phineas and Ferb had a few more weeks to create, invent, and experiment but I plan on making the most of it!  I have lots of activities planned that include crafts, science experiments, and many other Pinterest inspired FUN!  I have been planning for a few weeks.  I made my supply list and did the shopping.  I feel pretty organized.  I hope to blog about it as I go, but who knows I just might be too busy!   I am so blessed to have these amazing little boys, I love to spend everyday helping them learn and watching them grow:)
Yesterday I was crying because I was so sad for it to be over.  I looked at pictures from the beginning of the year and realized how much they had grown.  Not only have they changed in their appearance, but they have changed so much as kids.  Evan reads A LOT! and Nathan knows his alphabet, can count, and spells his name.  They couldn't do any of that 9 months ago!  Where did the time go?  I guess time flies when you are having fun!  Anyways.... Bring on SUMMER VACATION!

We have a whole lot of stuff to do before schools starts this fall!

Let me know if you have any suggestions of things to keep kiddos busy, I am always looking for new things to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment