Monday, July 8, 2013

Cloud on a Cookie

I love dessert, Okay now that I have admitted it hopefully no one will judge me.  Having company over means I get to make a dessert that serves lots of people because if I make that same dessert for just our family I end up eating more than my fair share.  The cloud part is almost like ice cream so it's perfect for a hot summer evening.  I love that I can make it ahead of time and just keep it in the freezer.  

Ingredients:
  • 1 tube (16.5 oz) Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
  • 1/2 Cup of Caramel Topping
  • 1 (8oz) Container of Cool Whip (thawed)
  • 1 package (3.4 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding
  • 1/2 Cup Milk
  • 1/2 Cup Toffee Bits
  • 3 Tablespoons Hot Fudge
Serves 16

Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and let stand for about 5 minutes.  This will make the cookie dough easier to work with.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Then spread cookie dough into the bottom of an ungreased 9X13 inch baking dish.  Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.  When done, cool completely

    After cookie dough has cooled, spread the caramel topping evenly over the cookie.
    In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of milk and pudding mix for about 2 minutes.
    Then fold in the cool whip.
    Next, stir in the toffee bits.
    Spread the Cool Whip mixture over top of caramel layer.  Cover the baking dish and freeze until firm.
    Remove from freezer.  Heat hot fudge in microwave and then drizzle over the top of Cool Whip layer.  I actually used a butter knife and just kinda splattered it on and it seemed to work better because it didn't go on so thick.  I let it sit for about 10 minutes to make it a little easier to cut.
    Store remaining dessert covered in the freezer.  

    Another one of my favorite desserts is Peanut Butter Pie.  Oh.So.Good.







    No comments:

    Post a Comment