Thursday, July 18, 2013

Garlic Balsamic Flank Steak

This week I have accepted the challenge of not using my oven.  I had to rework my menu just a little bit (don't worry I will get to those recipes soon) but I think you will be happy with the choices.  This meal was cooked entirely on the grill.  Which means two things 1.  NO pots and pans and 2. I got a little help at the grill.  Both of which I am extremely appreciative of!

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
  • 4 teaspoons Brown Sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
  • 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
  • Sea Salt
  • Pepper
  • 1.75 lbs Flank Steak
Serves 6
In a small bowl combine all ingredients except pepper and flank steak and mix well. Sprinkle each side of the steak with black pepper.  Pour marinade mixture over steak and turn to coat.  With a sharp knife pierce steak to allow marinade inside.  Marinate steak in fridge for about an hour turning half way through.
 Grill to desired temperature.  I cooked ours to about medium.
Remove from grill, cover with foil and allow steak to rest for about 10 minutes.  The meat will continue to cook just a little and will absorb all the yummy juices.
Slice steak against the grain and serve.  Make sure you cut it the correct direction or meat may be tough.   The center will be slightly less done the the ends.  This is perfect for our family because some of us like medium and other medium well.   

I served this with Grilled Baked Potatoes and Grilled Corn on the Cob with Basil Sea Salt Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment