Thursday, July 18, 2013

Jalepeno Popper Dip

Recently I was at a party and the hostess made this dip, for days my friends and I talked about how delicious it was.  I LOVE the spicy, cheesy, deliciousness of it! I made it for a party we recently had and everyone asked me for the recipe.
**When I made this one I accidentally forgot the top 1/4 cup of cheddar.  Ooops.  It was still delicious, but the top would have been a little prettier with a little more cheese.  Plus who doesn't love MORE cheese!


Ingredients:
  • 8 oz Cream Cheese (I used 1/3 less fat, but don't use fat free it won't melt)
  • 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
  • 1/2 + 1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 1- 4 oz can of Sliced Jalepeno Peppers (drained)
  • 1 Tablespoon Diced Fresh Jalepeno or more for more spice (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.  In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalepenos.  Mix with electric hand mixer.  Don't worry about the canned jalepenos being to big, they will come apart and mix in with everything.  Place dip mixture in 8x8 baking dish.  Sprinkle on Panko bread crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of Cheddar.  Bake for 20 minutes.

I actually made mine ahead of time and placed it in the refrigerator until I was ready to bake it.  Since mine was really cold and straight out of the fridge it took closer to 27 minutes.

Serve hot with bagel chips, tortilla chips, or crackers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment