Monday, July 8, 2013

Slow Cooker Ranch Pesto Chicken and Pasta

Since it is July and SUPER hot here, I am trying to avoid turning on the oven.  Gosh that sounded like something my grandmother would say:)  I would prefer to grill every night, but that just isn't realistic either.  This week my oldest son started summer sandlot baseball so I am in need of some quick and easy meals for the family.  This slow cooker recipe is perfect.  I can throw it in the crock pot and head to the pool for the afternoon.  All I have to do is boil some pasta and throw it all together.  SUPER EASY!

Ingredients:
  • 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Packet
  • 1/2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
  • 1/3 Cup Chicken Broth
  • 3 oz of Pesto
  • 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
  • 1/4 Cup (plus more for garnish) Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1 pound box of Tri-color Rotini Pasta
  • 8- Diced Cherry Tomatoes
Serves 4

In a small bowl (I use a pyrex measuring cup) combine pesto, minced garlic, Hidden Valley Ranch Mix, and chicken broth- mix well.  Place chicken in slow cooker and pour mixture over top.  Set slow cooker to low and cook for about 4 hours.

Boil water and cook pasta according to box.  Drain pasta and toss with olive oil.  Pour pasta into slow cooker and mix with chicken and sauce.  Add Parmesan cheese and toss.  Serve pasta and chicken with a little more Parmesan and diced tomatoes.  Enjoy!

I often make my own pesto here is the recipe and another one of my favorite dishes- Pesto Chicken



This recipe was featured on the Magical Moms' July Menu.  Be sure to check out all of our monthly menus



Lots of AMAZING recipes on the Magical Moms' June MenuMarvelous May MenuAppetizing April Menu, and March Madness Menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment