Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sweet and Spicy Chicken Sliders

If you want more magical mom stuff, please like us on Facebook here!

I don't know about you, but my family doesn't like to repeat meals often. Unless it's spaghetti or tacos, I can usually only get away with making a meal every couple months. Plus I like to make new things so I can share with our readers! But I don't always like to reinvent the wheel, sometimes it's just finding a different way to prepare he same ingredients. Like this meal, my Sweet and Spicy Chicken Sliders. I'm taking basically the same ingredients from our Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken, but turning them into tiny bite size sliders. They really aren't a whole lot of work but they are definitely a lot of flavor!

Ingredients:
3 large chicken breasts
1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
12 slices bacon
Provolone or preferred sliced cheese
Hawaiian rolls
Preferred toppings

Start off by pounding your chicken breasts into thin pieces. Then cut each chicken breast into quarters. I trim off some of the pieces so they will nicely fit on the rolls and then cook the leftover pieces and store in the fridge for some crazy leftover dish my husband can create another day. Then season the chicken with Cajun seasoning, cayenne and salt and pepper.muse more or less to suit your taste. The cayenne pepper is very spicy, so if you're not big on spice, use a lot less or none at all. Store in the fridge until you're ready to grill.

Next cut your bacon slices in half and cook until crispy. Keep the bacon grease to cook the chicken in. You can use the same pan, but I like to use my grill pan, so I pour the bacon grease onto the grill pan. Heat the grill pan (or keep the same pan) at medium heat. Place your little chicken breasts and cook a few minutes each side or until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cook just until the sugar melts into a glaze. Place a bacon slice or two on top of the chicken, then top with cheese. Cut your cheese slices if necessary so they aren't bigger then your little chicken breasts. Cook until they are melted.

Cook the Hawaiian rolls per package directions. Let cool slightly then cut them in half with a good bread knife. Serve the mini chicken breasts with cheese on a roll topped with a few slices of bacon. Add any condiments or toppings you prefer.

Tonight I kept the bar food theme and served these with Perfect Potato Skins. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment