Thursday, November 14, 2013

Russian Chicken with Rice

I got this recipe from a close friend.  When she told me that she had a recipe that her whole family would devour, I told her that she had to share the recipe with me.  She has three growing boys so I trusted her recommendation. The funny thing about this recipe is that I had intended on making it in the crock pot, but at 3:45 I realized that I had forgot to put it together so in the oven it went!  Sometimes I am very organized, other times I think I am losing my mind!!!!

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 Cup Apricot Preserves
  • 1 Cup Russian Dressing
  • 1/2 Packet of Onion Soup Mix
  • 3 Chicken Breasts

The original recipe was for double the amount of sauce, but I did't have that much Russian dressing on hand so I decided to cut it in half and see what happened.  I only used 3 chicken breasts.  I pounded them a little bit and cut them in half and it was plenty for feed my family.

 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine first three ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.  Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and pour sauce mixture over top.  Bake for about 40 minutes.  This time will vary based on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
I served with Rice and Steamed Broccoli.  I cooked the rice in chicken broth and seasoned with a little bit of salt and pepper.  My family loved drizzling some of the sauce on the rice.

This recipe can also be made in the slow cooker.  Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.  Combine remaining ingredients and poor over chicken.  Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.

Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment