Thursday, August 21, 2014

Loaded Potato Splats!

What to make?  What to make?  The ongoing question for most people.  Today I needed side dish ideas.  I wasn't really up for finding a new recipe to try or making something that maybe just maybe everyone would eat, so I decided to put a very simple spin on an old favorite.  In my house you can't go wrong with anything that is topped with cheese and bacon.  Last year I started making these Flattened Redskin Potatoes and they are GREAT, I can't believe it has taken me until now to make them like this!  SO simple and tasted like I put a lot of thought and effort into it.
Ingredients:
  • 6 Medium Redskin Potatoes (skins scrubbed clean)
  • Olive Oil
  • 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 3 Tablespoons Crumbled Real Bacon Bits
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
  • 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
  • 3/4 teaspoon Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
Serves 4-6

Boil potatoes for 8-10 minutes or until they are tender enough to easily insert a fork or knife.  Remove potatoes from water and place on baking sheet.  Gently smash potatoes down with the bottom of a glass.  Lightly drizzle potatoes with olive oil.  Salt and pepper each potato.  Top each potato with bacon and cheese.  Bake at 400 until cheese is melted.  

Combine sour cream and ranch mix and stir until mixed well.  Serve on top of potatoes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment