Monday, January 12, 2015

Candied Almonds

I have had this bag of almonds in my pantry for what seems like forever.  Forever is a very loose term for me.  For example, I haven't been to the gym in forever (a week) or haven't had a milkshake in forever (3 days).  In reality, I have had the almonds since the fall.  Today is a snow day here in Northern Virginia because we have a tiny bit of ice, both of my kids and three more are spending the day here.  I have decided to do a little cooking and baking for the week.  I am hosting book club this week so I am looking to try out a few new snacks to serve up.


Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups Almonds
  • 1/4 Cup Honey
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger
  • 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  In a medium sauce pan, combine honey, ginger, and cinnamon.  Warm on low and stir continuously.  This will take about 2 minutes.  Add in almonds and stir to coat.  Next, sprinkle in brown sugar and salt.  Stir to coat.  Spread almonds onto baking sheet.  For easy clean up make sure to line with parchment paper.  Bake for about 11-13 minutes.  Cool completely and break apart.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment